Well, it’s my birthday this Saturday! The big 3-7. In our family, whoever has a birthday during the week gets to pick the FHEasy lesson, something from the family-home-evening-activity box, and the FHE treat if they want one.
So today I was thinking about what to pick and had three ideas come to mind:
- The Mother’s Day Lesson because it focuses on moms.
- Christmas because it focuses a lot on Jesus’ birth, thus connecting with birthdays.
- A topic I’ve been thinking a lot about, which happens to be “Go Forth with Faith”.
I decided to got with the third option this time around, but I might pick one of the others in the future.
I like this topic for my 37th birthday because 1 Nephi 3:7 (get it? 3:7 and 37) focuses on how Nephi’s attitude is a “go forth with faith” attitude. Also, I’m giving a public presentation on marriage this Tuesday, which is a big “go forth with faith” action for me. So, the lesson will go right along with what I’m working on in my life.
- Showing your kids baby pictures of you.
- Sharing memorabilia from your childhood and teenage years.
- Talking about some of your favorite accomplishments so far in your life.
Actually, that third one is one I recommend for anyone on their birthday. Just sit down and write out all the wonderful things you’ve done in your life. It’s a way to celebrate all the living and loving you’ve done, energizing you for your next year.
So, whenever your birthday falls, happy birthday! And as always,
Happy Home Evenings!